Hello everyone! I’m happy to be able to help facilitate this year’s New & Relocated Faculty List, also known as Chemistry Bumper Cars. This has been a tradition since it first appeared on Chembark and, most recently, Just Like Cooking — since SAO is getting a little busy these days, I figured I’d step in and host the list until he has the bandwidth to resume.
Alright, so here’s how it works: we’re looking to keep track of new hires in chemistry departments worldwide, both at the assistant faculty level and for senior hires. Please do leave a comment or DM me on Twitter if you hear about such a new hire and I’ll add it to the list!
Things I will be doing differently this year:
Since hiring decisions, especially at the senior level, are such a sensitive subject, I will be a little more judicious about what constitutes “confirmation” than in years past and what bar something has to pass to be put on the actual post. If there’s a webpage stating it, I can confirm with the actual candidate, or I have a suitably authoritative source, I’ll put it up there, otherwise I’ll do a little more digging!
Also, if you would like me to include a link to your lab webpage, please let me know!
Last updated Thursday, Feb 21, 2019 – those added in most recent update are in bold.
- Jacobi von Wangelin (Regensburg to Hamburg) Lab website
- Ulrich Hennecke (Münster to VUB) source – thanks Joachim!
- Dave Leitch (GlaxoSmithKline to University of Victoria) source
- Ramesh Giri (UNM to Penn State) source – thanks Mike!
- Frederic William Patureau (Technische Universität Kaiserslautern to RWTH Aachen) source
- Emily Pentzer (Case Western to Texas A&M) source
- Vlad Gevorgyan (UIC to UT Dallas) source
- Timothy Berkelbach (Chicago to Columbia) source
- Michael Mock (PNNL to Montana State) source – thanks Demyan!
- Sarah O’Connor (John Innes Center to Max Planck Institute) source
- Thomas Osberger (Cal Poly Pomona) source
- Gabriel Rudebusch (Eastern Michigan University) source – thanks Jeff!
- Christopher Teskey (RWTH Aachen) Lab website
- Meg Breen (Furman University) source
- Ben Brandsen (Creighton University) source – thanks Scott!
- PA Champagne (NJIT) source
- Demyan Prokopchuk (Rutgers) source
- Caitlin McMahon (UNC Asheville) Confirmed by direct message with Caitlin
- Kate Waldie (Rutgers) source
- Levi Ekanger (TCNJ) source
- Eric Nacsa (Penn State) source
- Marcus Drover (Windsor) source – thanks Christine!
- Amanda Bongers (Queens University) source
- Maia Popova (UNC Greensboro) source
- Rachel Saylor (Oberlin) source, unconfirmed
- Courtney Roberts (UMinnesota) source
- Rose Kennedy (Rochester) source
- Doran Bennett (SMU Dedman) source
- Daniel Tabor (Texas A&M) source